Manually renew Microsoft Office KMS license for free – By default, the validity period of the KMS license is only 180 days, and it will be renewed every 7 days from the date of activation. However, in some cases, this process may get stuck.
Here are some reasons for this problem:
- When invoking the license update process, your PC is not connected to the Internet or the connection is unstable.
- You are using a third-party firewall, so the connection to the KMS server was refused.
- You are using a different version of Office on your PC. Retail version and batch version on the same PC?
Renew Microsoft Office KMS license
If the Windows computer cannot re-establish communication with KMS after 180 days, the computer will lose its license. It will start a 30-day grace period and notify users of this change. If the computer is not activated for KMS after the 30-day grace period expires, it will enter reduced functionality mode until it can connect to its KMS.
- Make sure your PC is always connected and the internet connection is stable.
- If you use another firewall, please open port 1688.
- Please do not use Office Retail and Volume on the same Windows.
Following the steps:
First, Open a command prompt as an administrator.
Copy and run the following commands. Note: “Office16” is the code name of Office 2016. If you are using Office 2013/2010, just replace it with “Office15” and “Office14”:
|cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /act|
If you see an error, try this command.
|cscript “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /act|
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave your comment. I would be happy to explain in detail. Thank you very much for all your feedback and support!
Hope to help you !