Enable the touchpad on Windows 10 – The touchpad on a laptop is a convenient way to add mouse functions without the need for additional peripherals. Most users find that they want to turn the touchpad on (for example, no external mouse) or off (for example, accidentally move the mouse cursor with the palm of the hand while typing).
Enable the touchpad on Windows 10
The exact steps may vary slightly, depending on the manufacturer of the laptop, so you may need to use some intuition to achieve the desired result.
Using keyboard shortcuts
- Touchpad button: Some laptops have a button near the top of the touchpad that allows you to quickly enable and disable it. You can use this button to turn the touchpad on and off.
- Touchpad Fn key: Some laptops have the Fn key, which can be used in combination with one of the F1-F12 function keys to enable and disable the touchpad. To turn the touchpad on and off, press two keys at the same time.
Using a mouse and keyboard
- Press the Windows key, type touchpad, and press Enter. Or, press Win+I to open Settings, and choose Devices, then Touchpad.
- In the Touchpad Settings window, click the Touchpad toggle switch to the On position.
Using a keyboard only
- Press the Windows key, type touchpad, and press Enter. Or, press Win+I to open Settings, and use the Tab key, arrow keys, and Enter key to choose Devices, then Touchpad.
- In the Touchpad Settings window, press the Tab key until the Touchpad toggle switch is selected.
- Press the Spacebar to change toggle switch to the On position.
Hope to help you !